Lauren Berger is a Program Associate at Brighter Green. She was formerly a Program Intern for the East African Girls' Leadership Initiative during the fall of 2012. She graduated from Barnard College at Columbia University in 2011, majoring in English with a minor in Psychology. Prior to working at Brighter Green, she spent two summers teaching at Shanti Bhavan Children's Project in Tamil Nadu, India and taught at the International Rescue Committee's Refugee Youth Summer Academy. She is interested in the intersection between women's rights and climate change in the developing world and hopes to influence others on the benefits of adopting a more plant-based diet.
Blog posts by Lauren Berger:
- 11/04/13 Update on Brazil: The Effects of the Soybean and Meat Industries
- 10/08/13 Chipotle's Bold Move Towards Food With Integrity
- 08/11/13 East African Girls' Leadership Initiative Update: Summer Internships and Higher Education
- 06/26/13 Maui: Sustainable Living in Paradise
- 05/26/13 East African Girls' Leadership Initiative - April Update on the Kenyan Students
- 04/22/13 East African Girls' Initiative: Exam Results and the Kenyan Election
- 04/18/13 Healthful Fast Food: A Gateway to Sustainable Food Habits?
- 02/15/13 East Africa: Girls' Program Update and Maasai Human Rights (Part II)
- 02/13/13 East Africa: Girls' Program Update and Maasai Human Rights (Part I)
- 12/18/12 The East African Girls' Leadership Initiative Fundraiser
- 10/03/12 Summer Update: East African Girls' Leadership Initiative